Powered by Blogger.

Sheeeeran.


Exactly one month ago I was almost at the edge of a complete breakdown because I wasn’t able to buy Ed Sheeran’s tickets for his new tour.  The only way I make up through all this pain was thinking that I still hadn’t listened to the upcoming album; maybe I wouldn’t have liked it (LIES) so there was no reason to waste my money (MORE LIES).
Today, a month after, here I am crying while listening this blue sixteen songs masterpiece.
Ed has spent one year of silence, away from the scene and the social media, he travelled around the world with his girlfriend and I personally think that all of this was damn worthy. “Divide” has the ability of taking you from  the relaxing green Irish hills (“Nancy Mulligan”) to the lively street of a Spanish city (“Barcelona”); it makes you miss the good old days of your teenage years when everything seems easier (“Castle on The Hills”) and at the same time makes you want to get off the bed and go into a random pub to find the love of your life (“Shape of You”); it makes you cry over the love story that you’ve never had (“Happier”) and makes you feel loved even if you don’t have anyone near you at the moment (“Perfect”,Supermarket Flowers”).
Divide does exactly what its name says: it divides you from different feelings, different places and people. It’s a magical and exiting ride on a slow roller coaster, which you wish it never ends. And when it does, the adrenaline puts you back on your seat, ready for the next round.
And that’s why I think it’s Sheeran’s best album so far. Maybe it’s just a rush opinion for my excitement for his new music or maybe not.

So, yeah if someone is selling a ticket for any of his dates at the O2 Arena I’ll gladly pay them back with a lot of smiles and gratitude. 

Nessun commento